Old 08-12-2012   #1
MyCE Senior Member

DvdFab 8.2.2.4 Intel Quick Sync Not Working

I'm having a problem with DVDFab 8.2.2.4. I'm trying to back up my Blu Ray discs. I select Blu Ray Copy and Main Movie, and I'm compressing down to BD5 1080p. I did a few movies no problem in a couple hours with all my decoding/encoding set to software. I have an Intel i5 2320 which is a Sandy Bridge, so my computer should support Intel Quick Sync. Yet when I enable it, DVDFab will work for awhile, then just kills. The time will go from like 35 minutes to 25 hours, and then the time just goes to 0:00:00 and it does nothing. It just hangs.

Am I missing something here? I'm about 99% sure my computer supports Intel Quick Sync. I have a Sandy Bridge i5 and the Intel HD Graphics card. I haven't done it in the past and I just found out about it, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

Thanks.
hogger129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #2
Administrator, Software Editor and Head of Promotions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
I'm having a problem with DVDFab 8.2.2.4. I'm trying to back up my Blu Ray discs. I select Blu Ray Copy and Main Movie, and I'm compressing down to BD5 1080p. I did a few movies no problem in a couple hours with all my decoding/encoding set to software. I have an Intel i5 2320 which is a Sandy Bridge, so my computer should support Intel Quick Sync. Yet when I enable it, DVDFab will work for awhile, then just kills. The time will go from like 35 minutes to 25 hours, and then the time just goes to 0:00:00 and it does nothing. It just hangs.

Am I missing something here? I'm about 99% sure my computer supports Intel Quick Sync. I have a Sandy Bridge i5 and the Intel HD Graphics card. I haven't done it in the past and I just found out about it, but it doesn't seem to want to work.

Thanks.
Did you put DVD Fab in the Lucid Virtue Profiles?
My Computer specs are HERE Take a look New rig
Want to Know Your IP Address HERE

TELL A LIE ONCE AND ALL YOUR TRUTHS BECOME QUESTIONABLE
alan1476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #3
MyCE Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1476 View Post
Did you put DVD Fab in the Lucid Virtue Profiles?
How do I do that?

I've never done this before, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I also understand IQS only will work on h.264 blu ray discs n not vc1. I can attach a screenshot showing what I mean if you have questions.
Old 08-12-2012   #4
MyCE Senior Member

I found the LucidLogix Universal Installer, but when I try to install it on my computer, it says I need a discrete graphics card? I was under the impression that this would work so long as I have the Intel HD Graphics and an Intel Sandy Bridge CPU. I went in and changed it to IGD in my BIOS as well. Same issue.

It just seems a bit ridiculous that it takes 6 or so hours to copy a Blu Ray disc to my HDD and then rip it to an AVCHD file with DVDFab.
Old 08-12-2012   #5
MyCE Senior Member

No one? It is saying it will take me just over 7 hours to copy Blu Ray > Main Movie to my computer's hard drive. That doesn't make sense considering all my other ones have taken a little over 2 hours.

I have tried hitting reset DMA but it doesn't help. Uninstalled and reinstalled latest version, nothing changed.

I was sort of hoping I could enable Intel Quick Sync and it would speed up the process but I have no clue how to set it up. Tried downloading the software for it but apparently my hardware isn't configured properly.

No one knows how to fix my issue I guess...
Old 08-12-2012   #6
MyCE Resident

hang in there Hogger every body here live in different time zones someone may still get back with you
marloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #7
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
No one? It is saying it will take me just over 7 hours to copy Blu Ray > Main Movie to my computer's hard drive. That doesn't make sense considering all my other ones have taken a little over 2 hours.

I have tried hitting reset DMA but it doesn't help. Uninstalled and reinstalled latest version, nothing changed.

I was sort of hoping I could enable Intel Quick Sync and it would speed up the process but I have no clue how to set it up. Tried downloading the software for it but apparently my hardware isn't configured properly.

No one knows how to fix my issue I guess...
In DVDFab go to Common Settings>> General>> A/V Codec and you should be able to see what Video encoder options are available there.

Intel Quick Sync should be one of the options.

Wombler
DVDFab/ImgBurn: Choosing the correct Layer Break Position in ImgBurn
DVDFab: BDMV-REC Supported Burners
Reviews: Ideal DVD Copy, Magic DVD Copier, DVDFab DVD Copy v9

Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marloyd View Post
hang in there Hogger every body here live in different time zones someone may still get back with you
About 2 years ago I experimented with Blu-rays. I gave it up.
Reason No. 1 I view my movies on a projector 1080p full HD and use a computer with software (cyberlkink, one of them) program that upconverts DVD to 1080p
The results are so good, that I even like it better than many BD movies.

Reason no. 2 Using DVD fab I can back up a copy in about 10 minutes to the HD, then make a DVD in less time.

Reason no. 4 the long times it takes to make BD copies was just that, much much too long. I saved myself all that trouble and time and money by sticking to DVDs only.

Good luck with your BD
Pitrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #9
MyCE Senior Member

I realize this sounds idiotic, but I think my issue was because I was selecting Blu Ray Copy > Main Movie, and compressing to BD5 1080p directly from the disc to my HDD. I figured I may have been performing the process wrong and sure enough, I am supposed to be doing Blu Ray Copy > Main Movie and just picking BD50 and copying uncompressed to my HDD first and then compress to BD5 1080p from that. It seems to be moving along normally now. I sort of figured it was something simple I was overlooking.

I tried messing around with that LucidLogix thing and it doesn't seem to want to work. Maybe I will check it out another time. But it appears things are back to normal, so thanks for your help everybody. I apologize if I may have come off as rude as I stayed up all night trying to get it to work. I appreciate that we have this community here to ask questions and again I want to thank everybody for their suggestions.
Old 09-12-2012   #10

Yes, of course the BD drive would be slower to rip from because the disc spins at a speed to read the disc, which is limited. About copying from the disc to the HD uncompressed at BD50 is good. But I still maintain that backing up from the disc to the HD, uncompressed, then playing the file from the computer to a projector works better than from a disc drive.
Still, I consider that using a software program like Cyberlink to play back from the computer to the projector (or TV if you wish) and using only DVDs, a lot of which are dual layer, copied to the HD, then playing back from the HD with Cyberlkink choosing upconversion to 1080p, yields remarkably clear and clean video, comparable to BluRay. So why bother with BR at all, when DVD is so much quicker.
Another thing that I do, instead of using the HD to play the movie, I transfer the folder to a USB 3 flash drive. It take less than 2 minutes to copy from the HD to the USB 3 FD, then the say 2 hour movie does not wear the HD at all. I keep the folder of the movie on the HD as back up. My HTC also has a SSD, so when I play back the movie from the HTC with SSD and the USB FD, all is solid state and I never have hangups or freezes like I use to have when playing from a DVD drive and DVD copy. Just my way of viewing movies and it has worked very well for me.
Pitrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012   #11
Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
I realize this sounds idiotic, but I think my issue was because I was selecting Blu Ray Copy > Main Movie, and compressing to BD5 1080p directly from the disc to my HDD. I figured I may have been performing the process wrong and sure enough, I am supposed to be doing Blu Ray Copy > Main Movie and just picking BD50 and copying uncompressed to my HDD first and then compress to BD5 1080p from that. It seems to be moving along normally now. I sort of figured it was something simple I was overlooking.

I tried messing around with that LucidLogix thing and it doesn't seem to want to work. Maybe I will check it out another time. But it appears things are back to normal, so thanks for your help everybody. I apologize if I may have come off as rude as I stayed up all night trying to get it to work. I appreciate that we have this community here to ask questions and again I want to thank everybody for their suggestions.
No problem hogger129, these things can be very frustrating at times.

The main thing is that you got it sorted.

Wombler
DVDFab/ImgBurn: Choosing the correct Layer Break Position in ImgBurn
DVDFab: BDMV-REC Supported Burners
Reviews: Ideal DVD Copy, Magic DVD Copier, DVDFab DVD Copy v9

Wombler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012   #12
MyCE Senior Member

I got Quick Sync to work properly now as well. Seems that I need to take my Main Movie backup from my computer and drop it into the Blu Ray ripper in order for it to work. But movies are taking about 45 minutes to backup now instead of 2 hours.