Old 11-07-2009   #1
New on Forum

DVDFab 6.0.2.2 won't burn to disc!

ok, I have the latest DVDFab and have done nothing to change the settings. It does fine with reading, writing but won't burn. I get the message 'failed to burn' everytime!

Here's a copy of the file:
Attached Files
File Type: txt Info.txt (848 Bytes, 22 views)
shellyisme777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #2
New on Forum

Re: DVDFab 6.0.2.2 won't burn to disc!

I had a similar problem until I disabled PathPlayer.

Settings->PathPlayer
MasterVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #3

Are you burning to Disc or HDD?
If to Disc are you using the VSO burner or someother program to burn to Disc?

Forum Rules: http://club.myce.com/f34/announcemen...uidelines.html

GO TEAM GO Fold for team 13505 http://folding.stanford.edu/

Help us save some lives by joining the Distributed Computing Teams : F@H or WGC or BOTH
bean55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #4
New on Forum

I am burning to disc and I do use a VSO burning engine. The dvd/writer is a HP dvd 840 with LightScribe. The files are saved just fine but won't burn to a disc.
Old 12-07-2009   #5
MyCE Die Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyisme777 View Post
I am burning to disc and I do use a VSO burning engine. The dvd/writer is a HP dvd 840 with LightScribe. The files are saved just fine but won't burn to a disc.

Can you please go to the following directory, and extract the last FAILED burn that was logged...

C:\Documents & Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Applications\DVDFab\log

Ignore the first few entries in the log...I'm looking for an entry that starts (more or less) BURN FAILED.

We should be able to do more for you with that info.

OC

OCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #6
New on Forum

I switched it to use my "Nero Rom" instead of the "VSO burning engine" and it works now! Woo-hoo!
Oh, ya i didn't disable the PathPlayer settings either. I left that at it's default setting. So what does PathPlayer do anyways?
Old 12-07-2009   #7
MyCE Senior Member

See this thread as well. Not sure exactly what it is but seems to be a burning problem somewhere with VSO somehow......

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab...riting-279167/
jsmiddleton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009   #8

The VSO Burning engine that comes with DVDFab has given some people trouble lately.

A lot of use the Imgburn software for burning our backups, especially the Dual Layer disc. It is a Free program that can do a lot.

Help us save some lives by joining the Distributed Computing Teams : F@H or WGC or BOTH
Old 12-07-2009   #9
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean55 View Post
The VSO Burning engine that comes with DVDFab has given some people trouble lately.

A lot of use the Imgburn software for burning our backups, especially the Dual Layer disc. It is a Free program that can do a lot.
touchdown_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #10
MyCE Senior Member

Having work arounds is of course nice. However something is wrong with DVDFab and its VSO portion.
Old 13-07-2009   #11
MyCE Die Hard

Quote:
I switched it to use my "Nero Rom" instead of the "VSO burning engine" and it works now! Woo-hoo!
Oh, ya i didn't disable the PathPlayer settings either. I left that at it's default setting. So what does PathPlayer do anyways?

Good...glad to hear you got it working...

Just one question...can you give me a blow-by-blow description of how you tried to use the VSO burn engine - I use it all the time, and have never had a problem with it, and I'm using v6.0.2.2.

First you rip the DVD to your Hard Drive...what do you do next?

P.S. Pathplayer is a means for DVDFab to follow the same path your set-top DVD player does (as you know, no matter what the protection put on a DVD is, a set-top will always play it...)...just one of several means of side stepping some of the copy-protections put on a DVD...especially useful for those DVDs that try to 'spoof' copiers, by putting a multitude of false starts for a film in the IFO nav. file - this is how Fab finds the correct start point for the films and extras.

OC

Old 13-07-2009   #12
New on Forum

I'm not sure what you mean by 'how I used the burning engine'? All I do is click on DVD to DVD, put in the movie I am copying and push start. Then I wait till it asks for writable media. Then I put in a blank disc, wait and Nero starts up, burns the disc and a happy little noise to let me know it's a successfull burn. I finally got it all figured out!
I use my Nero instead of VSO and I disable PathPlayer. I have successfully made copies of the entire Sarah, Plain and Tall series (for me mom, not me) without a hitch!
YAY!!!!!

Last edited by shellyisme777; 13-07-2009 at 10:10. Reason: more info added
Old 13-07-2009   #13
MyCE Die Hard

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by 'how I used the burning engine'? All I do is click on DVD to DVD, put in the movie I am copying and push start. Then I wait till it asks for writable media. Then I put in a blank disc, wait and Nero starts up, burns the disc and a happy little noise to let me know it's a successfull burn. I finally got it all figured out!
I use my Nero instead of VSO and I disable PathPlayer. I have successfully made copies of the entire Sarah, Plain and Tall series (for me mom, not me) without a hitch!
YAY!!!!!

OK...sorry...I got the impression you were ripping first, then burning at a later date and time...If you can, I'd still like to see a burn log from an unsuccessful VSO attempt...same location as I posted earlier...

Thanks.

OC

Old 13-07-2009   #14
New on Forum

Has any one ever tried to use DVDFab6022 Blu-ray to Blu-ray? I don't have problem in burning the main movie to a blank blu-ray disc. But when I tried to burn the "full disc" from the hard drive folders to the blank disc, I got error code 102. When I tried to burn the iso image from the hard drive to the blank disc, DVDFab6022 terminated with a crash. Can any one suggest a solution?
DelegateMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009   #15
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelegateMath View Post
Has any one ever tried to use DVDFab6022 Blu-ray to Blu-ray? I don't have problem in burning the main movie to a blank blu-ray disc. But when I tried to burn the "full disc" from the hard drive folders to the blank disc, I got error code 102. When I tried to burn the iso image from the hard drive to the blank disc, DVDFab6022 terminated with a crash. Can any one suggest a solution?
DelegateMath, there is a problem burning from full movie, I can burn from main movie or clone no problem, for full I have to use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner, hopefully this will be worked out soon.

Old 13-07-2009   #16
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdown_1 View Post
DelegateMath, there is a problem burning from full movie, I can burn from main movie or clone no problem, for full I have to use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner, hopefully this will be worked out soon.

Can you provide more information on ImgBurn?
Old 13-07-2009   #17
MyCE Resident

ImgBurn is a freeware software, that is top shelf, follow the link below... and happy burning.

http://www.imgburn.com/
Old 14-07-2009   #18

Quote:
YAY!!!!!

You can do the same thing with Imgburn just select it in DVDFab as the burn engine.It will copy to HDD and then start Imgburn automatically.

Quote:
jsmiddleton4
Having work arounds is of course nice. However something is wrong with DVDFab and its VSO portion.
Using Imgburn is not a workaround,there is a place built into DVDFab to choose Imgburn as your burning software.
So I agree that all options should be available and they all should work, the VSO engine is only one small part of the software.

Happy Burning

Old 14-07-2009   #19
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdown_1 View Post
ImgBurn is a freeware software, that is top shelf, follow the link below... and happy burning.

http://www.imgburn.com/
Thanks for the information. I tried ImgBurn last night and it solved my problem. However, during the burning process, I received a warning message as follows:

"DeviceIoControl (FSCTL_Lock_Volume) Failed!
Reason: Access is Denied
Hint: Windows Media Player is running. Close it and try again"

The strange thing is that I was NOT running Windows Media Player at the time. So I ignored the warning message and clicked "CONTINUE" to move on.

What can I do if I do want to close Windows Media Player next time?
Old 14-07-2009   #20
MyCE Resident

Might WMP been running in the background ?

Old 14-07-2009   #21
New on Forum

Quote:
You can do the same thing with Imgburn just select it in DVDFab as the burn engine.It will copy to HDD and then start Imgburn automatically.

Using Imgburn is not a workaround,there is a place built into DVDFab to choose Imgburn as your burning software.
So I agree that all options should be available and they all should work, the VSO engine is only one small part of the software.

Happy Burning
Are you suggesting that ImgBurn can be merged into DVDFab as one program to copy Blu-ray disc to Blu-ray disc? If so, can you provide more details on how to merge the two?
Old 14-07-2009   #22
MyCE Resident

Quote:

Happy Burning
No, ImgBurn is already built into DVDFab, open DVDFab go into common setting > in common setting go to >DVD/Blu-Ray > > write > > burning engine > in the drop down set to > > ImgBurn. done

Old 14-07-2009   #23

DelegateMath

My comment was aimed at jsmiddleton4 I have not done any BluRay at this time so I am not sure if it works for BluRay or not.

Imgburn is a choice in DVDFab as a burning engine.

Old 15-07-2009   #24
MyCE Senior Member

"Imgburn is a choice in DVDFab as a burning engine."

That's one of those "it depends" kind of things. Past versions of DVD Fab did not have Nero nor Imgburn built in. You could choose to use them IF you had them installed on your hard drive but they were not included in DVD Fab. VSO has always, as far as I know, been the built in dvd burning engine.

As far as i remember the best way to use imgburn with DVD Fab is to d/l and install IMG Burn separately and not rely on the version that may or may not be included in DVD Fab depending on the version you purchase/install.

DVD Fab's use of the VSO engine is revealing problems with burning. Whether or not parts of ImgBurn are or are not built in to DVD Fab is kinda irrelevant to the VSO matter.

On my reinstall of DVD Fab 5 it did not show IMG Burn as an option until I installed the latest version of Img Burn.
Old 15-07-2009   #25

I stand corrected on my statement as written

Yes Imgburn is not actually built into DVDfab.The choice to use it is there.
A lot of people have had trouble with the VSO burning engine since the early 5 versions.

And yet there are some that have had no problem with it at all.Must have something to do with software,hardware combination.