Old 26-01-2009   #1
New on Forum

Dvd fabc core

I have downlaoded the latest version of dvd fab which is 5.3.2.0 but i am having a problem with it. I will start the conversion to a mobile deviece such as psp or ipod and then about 50% of the the was through the encoding i will get microsoft error report telling me dvd fab core has stopped working. I click dont send and the encoding carries on but the the encoding fps drops steadily untill it reaches 0 where it stays untill i cancel the process. I have had a perfectly good time using dvdfab before. My previous version was one of the 4.*.*.*.* but since this dvd fabcore error this one does no longer work either.
Afrothunder27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009   #2
Nightwatchman

Re: Dvd fabc core

The latest version is 5.2.3.2. Try that if you haven't.
signals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009   #3
New on Forum

Thank you i will give this a try.
Old 26-01-2009   #4
New on Forum

This seems to have worked thank you for your help
Old 27-01-2009   #5
New on Forum

Re: Dvd fabc core - NO GOOD FOR MOBILE

This new fabcore introduced after 5.2.x.x version is not working properly.
A 4.7 DVD midia recorded in a external Phillips DVD recorder direct from broadcast in a speed of 4h or 6h is wrongly ripped to IPOD, Generic, and etc.
Result is a ripped file with TWO equal screens separeted by a grey horizontal strip at same time in the IPOD or quicktime screen.
I came back to version 5.1.1.3 where everything goes right for 2h, 4h and 6h.
Lupis Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #6
New on Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by signals View Post
The latest version is 5.2.3.2. Try that if you haven't.
I'm getting the same above results with the most current version. it worked before, but now it doesn't. I'm converting a DVD to a psp file and once the second pass begins it crashes. I've already done a fresh reinstall.
enigma63941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #7
DVD FAB Co-Author

hi, Lupis Lopes

I cannot repeat this problem, can you send me a small sample to me, so I can test this problem, if it's no problem, please pm me, I will give you our upload ftp address.

hi, enigma63941

Can you give more information about your problem, like exactly what profile is your using, or this problem happened on specail DVD or for common DVD. or this problem only happened on 2pass ?

Thanks.
Old 08-02-2009   #8
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting View Post
hi, Lupis Lopes

I cannot repeat this problem, can you send me a small sample to me, so I can test this problem, if it's no problem, please pm me, I will give you our upload ftp address.

hi, enigma63941

Can you give more information about your problem, like exactly what profile is your using, or this problem happened on specail DVD or for common DVD. or this problem only happened on 2pass ?

Thanks.
Hi Ting
I had the same result as Afrothunder27 and enigma63941 when I used the PSP profile this happened on the 2nd pass, and as enigma63941 stated this is using version 5232
StormJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009   #9
New on Forum

Quote:
hi, Lupis Lopes

hi, enigma63941

Thanks.
I just used DVDFab 5.2.3.0 with the same results. I'm now trying version 5.2.2.2. I use the psp profile "Firmware 3.30 needed" I selected the 2 pass video conversion, changed the resolution to 480x272, audio bit rate at 120kbps and audio percent at 200%. The DVD I'm trying to convert is a compiled DVD, but have gotten the same results with a regular DVD. the problem always happens on the second pass.
Old 08-02-2009   #10
New on Forum

I think it could be because the DVD is a compiled disc. I have had success with converting five minutes of a regular DVD. I'll try the whole disc with version 5.2.2.2.
Old 08-02-2009   #11
New on Forum

Nope. Same results. When trying to rip the entire DVD, the program stops. I guess I'll have to switch to a different ripper for now.
Old 09-02-2009   #12
DVD FAB Co-Author

hi,

I have do some test using the same profile and 2pass mode, but cannot repeat this problem, anybody can give me a screenshot about this problem, or other information about it, which can help me to find and fix this problem,

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2009   #13
New on Forum

Quote:
hi,

I have do some test using the same profile and 2pass mode, but cannot repeat this problem, anybody can give me a screenshot about this problem, or other information about it, which can help me to find and fix this problem,

Thanks.
Hi Ting, I remember someone putting up the exact crash window details in another thread, but I just can't seem to find it. I tried the Vidorea program, but that one didn't work properly for me either it ouput the wrong audio file. Is it fair to say that DVDFab video converter is kind of similar to the PSP video converter? Right now I'm trying the DVDFab converter. I'm basically doing a work around. I rip the DVD into files with another program and then use DVDFab converter to convert the files for a PSP. I haven't purchased DVDFab video converter so if this finally works out I'll think about buying it. It would be better if this problem with the DVDFab program was fixed as it would remove that extra step of having to rip the DVD first. When I try the process again I will post the crash window info....hopefully somebody will post it first.
Old 09-02-2009   #14
New on Forum

My problem has started up again. I am using the 5.3.2.2 version and i get a microsoft error report staing that dvdfabcore has stopped working. I am only using one pass and it occurs about 50 percent of the way through. I am ripping from normal dvds. I click dont send and the encoding carries on but the the encoding fps drops steadily untill it reaches 0 where it stays untill i cancel the process. This has happend before but when i updated to 5.3.2.2 it worrked correctly for a while. I have jsut started ripping a dvd again and will hopefully post a screenshot.
Old 13-02-2009   #15
New on Forum

Quote:
hi,

Thanks.
I found the crash window info in another thread:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f163/dvdfab...3/#post2217727

Its listed by member ling11.