Old 17-09-2008   #1
MyCE Junior Member

DVD-A / DVD Audio Removing Copy Protection

First of All Thanks for the increadable software / Keep up the good work!
I have used this software to make back-up copies of my DVD-A collection.
I am only able to do it using the Clone mode. The most recent disk was Queen / The Game. The Back-up is excellent but I would like to remove the copy protection. Will this require a Software feature up date.
Thanks Glenn
Glenn&Cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008   #2
CDFreaks Resident

Re: DVD-A / DVD Audio Removing Copy Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn&Cyndy View Post
First of All Thanks for the increadable software / Keep up the good work!
I have used this software to make back-up copies of my DVD-A collection.
I am only able to do it using the Clone mode. The most recent disk was Queen / The Game. The Back-up is excellent but I would like to remove the copy protection. Will this require a Software feature up date.
Thanks Glenn
Sorry, but I don't understand...in order to clone the disc, the copy protection had to be removed...
ie., your bkup clone has no copy protection.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).
maineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008   #3
CD Freaks Senior Member

if you are wanting to remove DVD-Audio Verance watermark protection, it cannot be done. not even clone should work you'll probably get a copy, of sorts, but the audio quality will have been downgraded to CD quality as per this article:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...nk&cd=10&gl=uk

the digital watermark protection technology is currently unbreakable & uncopyable, so don't expect a software upgrade any time soon!

e.g. http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050706-5065.html

"The only caveat is that DVD-Audio’s Verance digital watermarking, embedded in the audio signal itself, cannot be removed. The Verance watermark contains seventy-two bits of data comprising four CCI (copy control information) bits and eight usage identifier bits every fifteen seconds plus sixty content identifier bits every thirty seconds – if a DVD-Audio player detects that an embedded watermark does not match that of a specific disc (in other words if ripped DVD-Audio content is burnt to a blank DVD-R ... the machine will halt playback after thirty seconds."
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008   #4

DVD Audio Explorer Beta 3 should do the trick. It's the latest and final version.
Biggiesized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008   #5
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggiesized View Post
DVD Audio Explorer Beta 3 should do the trick. It's the latest and final version.

interesting - wikipedia aarticle suggest that is HAS cracked the previouslytunbeatable protection scheme,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio#Copy_protection

but google is not finding the program for download - can you post a link please.
Old 19-09-2008   #6
Bob
Resident lunatic

Location: Looking for my zigzags ~ I come from the no place and i go to the no where

Welcome to CDF's Biggiesized:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggiesized View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
interesting - wikipedia aarticle suggest that is HAS cracked the previouslytunbeatable protection scheme,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio#Copy_protection

but google is not finding the program for download - can you post a link please.
yeah i did a quick search last night for it and couldn't find anything. I'd like a link also

Click HERE to join CDFreaks.com

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008   #7
MyCE Member

DVD Audio Explorer Beta 3
LouV68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008   #8
CD Freaks Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouV68 View Post
OK so we have a rapidshare download link which seem to work but I'd like to see the program's web site & its documention, if it exists.
Rapidhsare links disappear if they are not used for a while.

I'd be reluctant to use a beta version of a program without knowing more about it & without seeing any reviews etc.
Old 21-09-2008   #9
MyCE Member

True, Rapishare links do disappear, but even the developer himself uploaded them to a "Rapidshare" like site (sendspace). See post #342 on page 18 of the first thread below.

This is the best we've got on DVDAExplorer as it's the developers thread.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=96860

Post #359 shows he's quit development. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...44#post1170744 It's open source, so hopefully others will pickup where he left off.
LouV68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008   #10
CD Freaks Senior Member

somewhat off-topic, but from reading those links - seems the simplest answer is to buy a DVD-A stand-aloneplayer that ignores watermarking protections ( one of the links has a list) & then just clone your DVD-A discs, Let the over-zealous protection fade & die ( like macrovision did).

As for me. I'm happy with CD quality - grew up with vinyl on mono LP players & never could hear the difference between 16 bit CD quality & 24 bit DVD-A quality anyway.

Always seemed strange to me that guitar players spend so much of their time trying for a good, distorted valve driven analogue sound, then we obsess about reproducing it digitally!

Anyway, 320k FBR or 192k VBR MP3 works for me & it's hassle free, the shiny round things live in the cupboard, next to the DVDs :-)
Old 24-09-2008   #11
MyCE Junior Member

Just returned home from days away at work with no connection. New Laptop / Aircard / Providerer isssues!
Thanks for all you imput and scrutiny. Tomorro I will check out the play back on my Yamaha Receiver. If I recall correctly I could not get any play back from any copy configoration other than Clone that would play. I will check again tomorro but I seem to recall the Yanaha receiver detects the audio sound track and shows me that 96/24 is on the DVD. ( Any thoughts) I have done other DVD_A previosly with diviculty. Don't recall the issues. Did end up with copies that recoginice 96/24 by the reciever. Sorry I haven't taken the time to read your link artical about the DVD-a Copy protection. I will print it off and read it soon.
Never too old to learn. Every day is fun with this kind of Tecnology. We do it because we CAN. The harder it is the Funner it becomes. Keep up the good work. Thank You all
Glenn
Old 02-10-2008   #12
MyCE Junior Member

Fengtao
I know this software keeps you busy. It must as it is the greatest with the greatest updates. I know that your primary porpose is not music but it is part or what DVD's are about. If you have time please look into things that can be dome with DVD-A. Not to get into conversations that are not allowed your software is increadable. It kinda works with DVD-A but has lots of issues. Just for the sake of being better than every one else take a look at this and posibly make it better.
Thanks Glenn