Old 10-01-2006   #1
New on Forum

Difference Between SAO AND PACKET WRITING

I have read a few post about this but everyone refers to sao and dao i dont have an option in dvdfab for dao and ive been using packet writing and having probdlems with my sony and pioneer dvd player playing movies i have the latest firmware on my dvd burner and the latest version of dvdfab can anyone help please i wanna purchase this product but if it doesnt work then i will not buy it.
pzztgotbagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #2
New on Forum

Re: Difference Between SAO AND PACKET WRITING

also i have a sony dru-590 burner and i use hp 8x dvd-r media i used dvd shrink in the past same media and burner with no problems now that ive tried dvd fab movies will no play after burning using packet writing.
Old 11-01-2006   #3
CDFreaks Resident

Try Here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23595

Mack
bigmacnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #4
New on Forum

yes i see ur post but that link does not tell me what PACKET writing is. all i want to know is what will work better sao or packet using my burner and media
Old 11-01-2006   #5
CD Freaks Member

You may want to try burning using both sao/packet methods of writing, that way you can see which works best for the configuration you have setup. It's also possible that your burner might not be fully compatible with packet writing.

What problems are you experiencing exactly ? Try posting the error codes or error log of the troubles you're having. A little more info is always helpful.
dmp31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #6
CDFreaks Resident

DAO Disc At Once(burn ISO)
SAO Session At Once
TAO Track At Once
Packet requires software that will format the disc. From what I have read ISO(DAO) is the most reliable. One advantage of packet is the packets do not have to be same size. Below are 2 sites on packet. Like you I have little knowledge of the different formats. What little I do know came off a google search.

http://pages.prodigy.net/jdjd/cdr/packet.htm

http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/primer/udf.htm

Mack

Last edited by bigmacnc; 11-01-2006 at 20:29. Reason: change word
Old 12-01-2006   #7
New on Forum

yes but my problem is that dvdfab express does not offer any other options than packet and sao writing so would packet on this program be either of the two options u mentioned on this post. and thanks sorry for being such a newbie but i searched and came up with a whole lot of dead ends and no logical conclusion
Old 12-01-2006   #8
CDFreaks Resident

Fengtao will have to answer that one. I think Express is packet but Gold has option to create an ISO for DOA.

Mack
Old 12-01-2006   #9
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp31
You may want to try burning using both sao/packet methods of writing, that way you can see which works best for the configuration you have setup. It's also possible that your burner might not be fully compatible with packet writing.

What problems are you experiencing exactly ? Try posting the error codes or error log of the troubles you're having. A little more info is always helpful.
Agree with dmp31. I've used both packet and sao modes with virtually no discernible difference. I know that the default setting in fab is packet. As dmp31 said, it is burner dependent, so again, recommend that you experiment with both modes...use a rw disc and see what' up.. Post back with specifics and we'll try to help
maineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006   #10
CDFreaks Resident

Also this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_writing

Mack

Find missing DVD or CD drives download CDGONE and Disable Auto Run Click Here
Media Info: Click Here
To understand DMA and how to lock it click Here

The more problems that I have to deal with; the more I learn Clicking on Search or Searching on Google will not cause your computer to explode That is just a rumor