Join Date: Aug 2011
Lite-On iHAP322 or LG GH22NP21 for external USB enclosure?
I have recently received a pair of external PATA to USB enclosures. I plan to put my old Pioneer DVR-111 in one, and I'm looking for a drive for the other. The only PATA drives that are readily available near me are:
LG GH22NP21 (or NP20 or LP21)
These drives are very nearly the same price. I'll be using the drive to burn DVD-R discs probably 90% of the time, CD-R the other 10%.
Is there any good reason to prefer one of these drives over the other?
P.S. I suppose another option would be to find another Pioneer drive second-hand. Would this be significantly better than these new drives?
Register to remove me
Join Date: Today
Location: Myce HQ
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|20A4P in an external enclosure. (Usb)||jcusimano2||CD, DVD and Blu-ray Writers||9||28-12-2007 02:24|
|External Enclosure for 5 DVD drives via USB||TedW||CD, DVD and Blu-ray Writers||10||30-08-2007 15:52|
|PX-716A USB external enclosure||karups2||CD, DVD and Blu-ray Writers||13||27-02-2006 19:11|
|good *USB* (not firewire) external enclosure??||karups2||General Hardware Forum||6||11-11-2005 02:04|
|BenQ with an external usb enclosure||stickmanx||Newbie Forum||1||13-09-2004 11:23|