Old 31-01-2007   #1
MyCE Resident

Why Don't People Answer The Question You Asked?

Why do people tend to assume that they know more than the person asking a question?

If I ask you for your opinion on steak, I don't really give a damn about your opinions on fish. I asked you about steak!

If I ask you a specific question about HP-brand media, I don't give a damn about your opinions of other media. I asked you about HP media!

Dammit!
negritude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007   #2
MyCE Resident

Location: Between a rock and a ...bar (usually nearer the bar than the rock)
Re: Why Don't People Answer The Question You Asked?

Usually cos...
Attached Images
To view attachments in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
deanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007   #3
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by negritude
Why do people tend to assume that they know more than the person asking a question?
Because the person asking the question has already shown that there is at least one thing he/she doesn't know, giving the other person the chance of playing omniscient?

Or perhaps because the person answering is looking beneath the surface of the question asked in order to answer what is perceived to be the deeper question?

Or perhaps because people generally tend to think they're smarter than any other random person?

Quote:
If I ask you for your opinion on steak, I don't really give a damn about your opinions on fish. I asked you about steak!
But what if I really want to talk about fish? Isn't it then obvious that your question about steaks is a really good way of getting into the far more interesting topic - fish!

Quote:
If I ask you a specific question about HP-brand media, I don't give a damn about your opinions of other media. I asked you about HP media!

Dammit!
Isn't it nice to have an opportunity to let off some steam now and then!
Old 31-01-2007   #4
MyCE Resident

lol, because people think you are too ignorant and need to learn about other products such as fish that might be better thans steal lol

on an 'off topic note';
And insidently, however u spell that, i thought hp media was poo anyway>? lol
gregtherotterius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007   #5
Chocolate Aficionado

Quote:

Dammit!

I guess its the same reason why people ask questions with no intentions of hearing what others have to say in the first place....most just like to ask questions to appear to want knowledge but really they just like to hear themselves talk.....
Sexy_Southerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007   #6
MyCE Resident

Quote:
becuase they wanna help...or do their best trying

Quote:
because if steak sux...you should know about it....when fish is offered as an alternative option...it's to help...this is a place to help others....not to piss and moan about your poor choice of steak...when you should have come here first to find out the best....options..

Quote:

Dammit!
you've come to a place that tries to help...not hinder...if you would've read or "searched"...you would have found that HP sux...in every respect of the word....also...now you know...don't ask again...just assume...then see how things turn out....or....come back to a place that has over a quarter of a million members who might know a thing or 2 about....what you wanna know
Nosmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007   #7
Retired Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Becase this is the internet and everyone knows more than everyone else. Fact!!

Quote:
But Fish is a viable alternative to Steak. A person with many choices is wiser than someone with none.

Quote:
Becase HP media sucks. You should only be using TY or Verbatim.

Quote:
Dammit!
Welcome to the internet.

Last edited by Womble; 01-02-2007 at 00:05.
Womble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007   #8
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble
Becase HP media sucks. You should only be using TY or Verbatim.

Last edited by Womble; 01-02-2007 at 00:05.
DrageMester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #9
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Because I know more than you?

Quote:
You will get my opinion on fish,steak,lobster,duck and everything else for that matter.I dont care if you dont want my opinion.

Quote:
You will get my opinion on HP branded media,Maxell branded media,TY branded media,WTF branded media.I dont care if you dont want my opinion.

Quote:
Dammit!
Dont swear here in the house of (cd)gods!

Old 01-02-2007   #10
Letiled Modelatol

Embedded Images

View/download images and remove advertisements by registering now! (it's easy, free and takes less than a minute)

You must be registered in order view images in this forum.
  • bcn_246: "Wales are shitty animals to, all they do is swim around and make funny noises that people cant hear."
  • You really should join us on IRC! IrcNet, #cdfreaks-int | Or go here
  • Fear my massive avatar history log! Not updated!
  • "But do they keep increasing in size like mine?" - kwkard
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #11
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosmartz
you've come to a place that tries to help...not hinder...if you would've read or "searched"...you would have found that HP sux...in every respect of the word
Speaking of hindering... , this is absolutely false. The only HP media that is average to poor is their 16x +R discs (because of consistency issues). Their 8x and slower media is excellent media in particular.
scoobiedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #12
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Southerner
I guess its the same reason why people ask questions with no intentions of hearing what others have to say in the first place....most just like to ask questions to appear to want knowledge but really they just like to hear themselves talk.....
Not bad, for a woman
A Lenovo T410 laptop with i5 & 8GB RAM for the road - a cool old workhorse and well worth the money second-hand with a warranty. Numerous external HDDs by Trekstor, Transcend, Toshiba & WD (total about 16TB). ...and a PC with i7-2600k, 16Gb RAM, Crucial M4 128GB SSD & 2 x 2TB HDDs, W10, and two Dell Ultrasharp U2410 monitors. Canon iP4600 & iX4000 printers, Canon 4200F scanner, Samsung Galaxy S6 (32GB) phone. GoPro Hero camera. Sony RX100 MkIII (ultimate compact camera!), and Canon 5D MkII camera (fav lens is the 17 - 40mm...don´t waste your money on the 16 - 35 which is as good but double the price), Samyang 14mm, Sigma 120 - 400. Assorted mountain and road racing bikes (one is as pink as this font!) , and a slightly scuffed, black, lowered BMW 316i coupé to impress chicks with... Oh, and bars, locks, electrified door handles, alarms, video surveillance...& sometimes a hungry dog hangs out there too. What else?: Feel free to join my fan club on Facebook as "Dean Nixon Photographer" and on Instagram as "instamann" (just add beer...!).Click here to get to Mordor! Get AnyDVD CloneDVD2 CloneCD here, and don´t forget to read The Rules.
Old 01-02-2007   #13
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:
I would of used SHEARCH
Quote:
I would of used SHEARCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble
Becase this is the internet and everyone knows more than everyone else. Fact!!
FACT Thats why it's best to use SHEARCH
Quote:
Why Don't People Answer The Question You Asked?
Because this is the Internet and thats how things are done on the Net !!!!
coathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #14
CDFreaks Resident

Quote:

Dammit!
So what was your question ?
greg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #15
Chocolate Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanimator
Not bad, for a woman

I have my moments...and men who are whiny babies just set me off
Old 01-02-2007   #16
Blown to smitherines

And here I was thinking straight men got your fire roaring

The internet ... you learn something every minute ...
Even if every second you learn new swear words, derogatory comments and are shocked by new (to you) disgusting sexual acts perpetrated by Norwegians & Swedes

You will be baked ... and there will be cake ... you monster.
Click here to still be alive!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett

Primary PC: 1.4Ghz Quad Core Cortex A9, 2048MB Ram, Mali 400 video, 32GB Primary, 64Gb Secondary, 802.11N 2.4/5Ghz, 1280x800@10.1" with one years supply of Jelly Beans

Secondary PC: i7-Q720@1.6Ghz, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid HDD, Win7 x64 BusPre, Ati HD5470M-1GB, backlit keyboard.

Tertiary PC: Amd Phenom II 945, 4GB DDR2, 120GB Plextor M5S, AMD HD7850(OC) 2GB , Win8 Pro, 24" 1920x1200, cordless keyboard + mouse + gaming mouse.
debro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #17
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by debro
and are shocked by new (to you) disgusting sexual acts perpetrated by Norwegians & Swedes

Huh??WHEN I say WHEN would we Swedes do such a thing with......norwegians??? (and its not disgusting....its l0000ve!)
Old 01-02-2007   #18
MyCE Resident

Quote:

Dammit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42
So what was your question ?
Hello negritude,

I've just read your thread on HP-branded media. It merely asks why it is seldom discounted, while most other major brands of media get discounted heavily at times. (After all, you never asked about whether that brand of media is of good or bad quality.) While most of the responses circumvent the topic by giving assessments of the quality of that brand of media, I gave an honest answer in your thread:

RJL65's Answer to negritude's Thread About HP-Branded Media
RJL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #19
MyCE Resident

And, now that everyone has done his or her best to explain their views, would the OP care to comment?
Old 01-02-2007   #20
Letiled Modelatol

HP-media? Surely you jest!
  • bcn_246: "Wales are shitty animals to, all they do is swim around and make funny noises that people cant hear."
  • You really should join us on IRC! IrcNet, #cdfreaks-int | Or go here
  • Fear my massive avatar history log! Not updated!
  • "But do they keep increasing in size like mine?" - kwkard
Airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #21
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Is the question, assuming it's not a rethorical question, not meant to educate and teach the person who asked the question? Isn't therefore the person who asked the question less knowledgable about the subject in the question than the person who answers it correctly might be?

Quote:
You didn't ask me anything. But how about a nice salmon steak?

Quote:
But what if HP media sucks and the person who gives the opinion does that because he cares about you deeply and wants to protect you from doing harm to yourself?

Quote:
Dammit!
The Internet is scary, isn't it?
Old 01-02-2007   #22
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coathi
I would of used SHEARCH

I would of used SHEARCH

You SO need a Custom User Title.

Where's Tax?

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to

Last edited by Arachne; 01-02-2007 at 18:17. Reason: Typo - caught by the Kidd :bow:
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #23
Senior Moderator & Editor

A Cutom User Title..?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are new to the internet, have a query about digital storage, or would maybe like to tell us a bit about yourself: just register with us
and try either the Newbie forum or the MyCE Living Room. Alternatively, if you fancy some chit-chat (without technical help),
then you're welcome to use the Chatbox to have a natter to other experienced members and staff.

So what are you waiting for? Click the smiley to join -->
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
imkidd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #24
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imkidd57
A Cutom User Title..?
RATS!!!

Thanks for spotting it ...thank God this is the LR where my Edit button works all the time

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007   #25
Chocolate Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by coathi
I would of used SHEARCH

I would of used SHEARCH

Because this is the Internet and thats how things are done on the Net !!!!
dude you might wanna get someone to fix your spelling since it is in bold typeface its Search