Old 30-10-2008   #26
Blown to smitherines

Re: Jennifer Government: Nation States

Yes.
And both of my Nations are demanding to know whether Voting should be compulsory

I AM THE CRASH-TEST DUMMY!

You will be baked ... and there will be cake ... you monster.
Click here to still be alive!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett

Primary PC: 1.4Ghz Quad Core Cortex A9, 2048MB Ram, Mali 400 video, 32GB Primary, 64Gb Secondary, 802.11N 2.4/5Ghz, 1280x800@10.1" with one years supply of Jelly Beans

Secondary PC: i7-Q720@1.6Ghz, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid HDD, Win7 x64 BusPre, Ati HD5470M-1GB, backlit keyboard.

Tertiary PC: Amd Phenom II 945, 4GB DDR2, 120GB Plextor M5S, AMD HD7850(OC) 2GB , Win8 Pro, 24" 1920x1200, cordless keyboard + mouse + gaming mouse.
debro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008   #27
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by debro View Post
Yes.
And both of my Nations are demanding to know whether Voting should be compulsory

That's exactly what my nation wants to know, for the second time.

"It's like I'm stuck in this one place where I can't find myself." -Joel

Click here to register with CDFreaks!!

Formerly known as: hax0rth0r
str1ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008   #28
Blown to smitherines

The compulsory voting question was the first question for both my debrohell & my debrotopia nations ... so i guess the servers broken down, after the crash-test dummy has started visiting

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett

Primary PC: 1.4Ghz Quad Core Cortex A9, 2048MB Ram, Mali 400 video, 32GB Primary, 64Gb Secondary, 802.11N 2.4/5Ghz, 1280x800@10.1" with one years supply of Jelly Beans

Secondary PC: i7-Q720@1.6Ghz, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid HDD, Win7 x64 BusPre, Ati HD5470M-1GB, backlit keyboard.

Tertiary PC: Amd Phenom II 945, 4GB DDR2, 120GB Plextor M5S, AMD HD7850(OC) 2GB , Win8 Pro, 24" 1920x1200, cordless keyboard + mouse + gaming mouse.
Old 31-10-2008   #29
Wii Freak

yeah i dont know whats going on. i am still awaiting on legislation for something but i cant remember what.

and my national happenings report

Quote:
Following new legislation in FlagTYG02 Burners, .
the area between the , [comma] and the . [period] are blank.

and i havent received a new issue today, i have it set for one issue per day.

so something strange is going on.
troy512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008   #30
MyCE Resident

Seems to be up and running again.
Had a new issue today, and everything went through ok. No error page or anything.
I have it set to two issues per day, so we'll see if I get another.

Old 02-11-2008   #31
Wii Freak

would you like to know what other nations are up to. visit a nation and click on ADD TO DOSSIER.

then under your nations control panel click on REPORTS. this will give you all the latest events pertaining to all the nations you have added to your dossier.

and you can adjust how many hours of events you want to view.
Old 02-11-2008   #32
Wii Freak

cdfreaks World Factbook Entry updated
Old 03-11-2008   #33

Name:  pepstia.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  21.9 KB
Quote:
the oppressed peoples of pepstia is a fledgling, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

the enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government devotes most of its attentions to law & order, with areas such as social welfare and religion & spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 39%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in basket weaving.

Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Pepstia's national animal is the earthworm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pepstion.
I am looking for rare and old 1-4x media (MIDs: VIVASTAR, OMP 4KG001, REC001, AUVISTAR M01, SHT001, VDSPMSAB 004-001, POSGxx, VANGUARD, OCTOPLUS, 3AM0201, SMMR01, Yi Jhan 001, SKYMEDIA R01, Prodisc's and CMC Magnetics' DVD-RAMs, Beall's and Prodisc's 4,85 GB DVDs, any Authoring DVD-Rs, any 63 min and old CD-Rs ) and any "Made in Europe" DVDRs. Send me a PM if you could help me.[
By Grabthar's hammer, by the sons of Warvan, you shall be avenged!
pepst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #34
Blown to smitherines

Don't forget to move your Nation to the right region

Old 04-11-2008   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by debro View Post
Don't forget to move your Nation to the right region
Quote:
Moving to CDFreaks: CDFreaks is password-protected. Please enter the password below.
What is the password??
I am looking for rare and old 1-4x media (MIDs: VIVASTAR, OMP 4KG001, REC001, AUVISTAR M01, SHT001, VDSPMSAB 004-001, POSGxx, VANGUARD, OCTOPLUS, 3AM0201, SMMR01, Yi Jhan 001, SKYMEDIA R01, Prodisc's and CMC Magnetics' DVD-RAMs, Beall's and Prodisc's 4,85 GB DVDs, any Authoring DVD-Rs, any 63 min and old CD-Rs ) and any "Made in Europe" DVDRs. Send me a PM if you could help me.[
Old 04-11-2008   #36
Blown to smitherines

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy512 View Post
just create a nation and join the region CDFreaks. the password is "cdfreaksareus".

Old 04-11-2008   #37
Wii Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hax0rth0r View Post
That's exactly what my nation wants to know, for the second time.
me too, hopefully it was just a glitch.

Last edited by troy512; 04-11-2008 at 04:22.
Old 04-11-2008   #38
Wii Freak

i created a password to help protect our region from being invaded. sounds funny but read this from the faq
http://www.nationstates.net/28005/page=faq#etiquette

Quote:
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.

>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.
Old 04-11-2008   #39
MyCE Resident

It seems I have the most extreme nation in our region

Old 04-11-2008   #40
MyCE Resident Old Fart

Location: Diehard Old CDFreak Lurking In The Back Of Your Mind

Yo-

On Election Day November 04, 2008 - the nation of Mykemania was born - and from that humble beginning - good shall prevail in the world-eh!!

Iffin ya want to take a gander at it - lookie here:

www.nationstates.net/mykemania

(Y) <- - - (a tribute to *someone*)

Brayden & Lil Burnits Proud Cyber Grampie - 'CERCA, TROVA' - 'NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM'

Work Computer = ZT Systems i7-2600 CPU w/32GB DDR3-1333 G. Skill Ripjaws X RAM/ Win7 Pro-sp1 /Crucial M500 480GB SSD @ SATA3 /Western Digital VelociRaptor 500GB Workstation HDD @ SATA3 /Corsair 650 watt PSU /Pioneer BDR-2207 as BD burner /Lite-On iHBS-112-04 as Reader/Ripper and BD Disc Quality Tester /Dell 27 inch S-IPS monitor w/LED backlight /XFX Radeon HD6870 w/2GB GDDR5RAM /Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012 /DVDFab 9

Burning Computer = HP xw8400 workstation w/ Two Xeon 5160, dual core, 3.0 mhz CPU's w/ 16gb PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM /Win7 Pro-sp1 /Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD /Western Digital Caviar Black 640gb w/64mb cache HDD /Corsair 850 watt psu / Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS w/v1.Z7 fw as Disc Burner and Disc Quality Tester /Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS w/v1.Z7 fw as Disc Reader/Ripper /ATi Radeon HD 5770 w/1gb GDDR5 Ram Videocard /HP 24" LCD /Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 /DVDFab 9

On The Shelf: (1) Benq 1640, (1)BenQ 1640 @EW168, Pioneer (2) 115D, (3) Optiarc 7200A, Optiarc 7260A, Asus DRW-24b1ST
bigmike7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #41

Quote:
i created a password to help protect our region from being invaded. sounds funny but read this from the faq
http://www.nationstates.net/28005/page=faq#etiquette
The "cdfreaksareus" password finally worked. Thanks.
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=pepstia
Old 07-11-2008   #42
Wii Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTR View Post
I'll give it a go but can't do it for a week or two.
has it been two weeks yet
Old 07-11-2008   #43
Blown to smitherines

It's common for one mob from another region to flock to a new region & vote in one of the minnows as their WA representative ... which gives them effective control of the region ..
So I believe the password for the region is a good idea

Old 07-11-2008   #44
Wii Freak

yes the password is a defensive measure. not an offensive. the region of cdfreaks would not attack another region, no matter the aggressive action. we at cdfreaks only defend ourselves and will take whatever measure to keep ourselves safe from invading regions and unreasonable copyright laws.
Old 07-11-2008   #45
MyCE Resident

I have the smallest country as far as basket weaving is concerned.
I love life...Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness.

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.

The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-words shrink things that seemed limitless when in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for the want of an understanding ear. - Stephen King, intro to "The Body."
jhtalisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #46
Blown to smitherines

Quote:
yes the password is a defensive measure. not an offensive. the region of cdfreaks would not attack another region, no matter the aggressive action. we at cdfreaks only defend ourselves and will take whatever measure to keep ourselves safe from invading regions and unreasonable copyright laws.
For now ... once we get our populations up, and our economies thriving ... Insanehatika (and it's evil counterparts) shall wreak havoc across other regions of the world, and eventually rule the world ...

Bwuhahahahahahaaa!

Old 08-11-2008   #47
Wii Freak

i cant decide, i almost want to decide the first choice, but then i am almost just going to dismiss the issue?

any opinions?

Quote:
The Issue

A recent poll on putting up huge loudspeakers in TYG02 Burners's cities for public government broadcasts has been brought to your attention.
The Debate

1. "This idea is brilliant, and TYG02 Burners can't afford to pass it up," claims Aaron Shiomi, your Minister of Safety. "These loudspeakers can assure the public that the government is always here to help them. The potential here, to immediately warn citizens of an emergency such as an earthquake or a stampede of Sheeps or something, simply must be taken into account! This could save lives! And I suppose, when there isn't anything the citizens need to be told, you could always use them to broadcast patriotic messages like 'Free as you wanna be, just don't hurt anyone!' and inform the good people which party to join and vote for with newsbriefs and such. It'll be worth it to strengthen the populace's devotion to our glorious nation!"

2. "I think people need to realise what this really is: brainwashing!" retorts Thomas Jong-Il, a wealthy marketer. "I don't want to hear all this flag-waving hogwash every time I go out for a walk. But when it comes to emergencies, I do agree that something should be done to warn everyone: we should send out messages on mandatory minature radios that you can carry in your pocket. It could tell you things you need to know too, like what shoes to buy and such."

3. "To be honest, I can't see why we should put up with advertising at all," says Charles Bush, an anti-business protester. "All it is is some multi-billionaire or politician somewhere trying to make even more money while the rest of us struggle to make ends meet. I say we ban it. Maybe the economy will suffer a little and some people may lose jobs but that's just a minor side-effect really, especially when you consider that no longer will our children be encouraged to fill themselves with junk-food because some guy on the telly tells them it's cool!"
Old 08-11-2008   #48
Blown to smitherines

1) Brainwashing is Great - Dictatorship/Control/Better economy.
2) Brainwashing is Great - Dictatorship/Control/Better Economy.
3) Brainwashing is Bad - Dictatorship/Control/Worse Economy.
4) Dismiss the issue.

Everything impinges on your citizens rights & freedom.

Old 15-11-2008   #49
Wii Freak

The Oppressed Peoples of Pepstia

Category: Psychotic Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Rare
Economy: Weak
Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Oppressed Peoples of Pepstia is a small, devout nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 26 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 35%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.

Euthanasia is illegal, Harry Potter books are banned, thieves are flogged in public for their crimes, and all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Pepstia's national animal is the earthworm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pepstion.

Pepstia is ranked 7th in the region and 57,894th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department.
Old 21-11-2008   #50

Quote:
The Oppressed Peoples of Pepstia

Category: Psychotic Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Rare
Economy: Weak
Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Oppressed Peoples of Pepstia is a small, devout nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 26 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 35%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.

Euthanasia is illegal, Harry Potter books are banned, thieves are flogged in public for their crimes, and all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Pepstia's national animal is the earthworm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the pepstion.

Pepstia is ranked 7th in the region and 57,894th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department.

Name:  pepst with kids.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  55.1 KB