Old 23-07-2010   #1
MyCE Resident

Bad experience with fire fox browser

I'm having a hard time under standing fire fox's action or un action on a big problem with thier site. the problem is I and quite a lot of other folk are getting is a display box that says -- To display this page, fire fox must send information that will repeat any action(such as a search or other confirm action) that was performed earlier.

my problem is my action involved a game which you have to log in and this screen pops up and now I can''t log in anymore.There response was ask the forum on thier site which no one has a answer.
the problem will not go a way. Anybody else have a bad experience?
marloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010   #2
MyCE Resident

Re: Bad experience with fire fox browser

Can't say that I have..Been using FF for awhile..Have been playing a little with Google Chrome though!!Try it out..Sorry couldn't help you..

"I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that you're not allowed to have an opinion. - George Carlin
t0nee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010   #3
MyCE Resident

I usually just use FF as a second backup browser. I doubt I have the latest version .
Firefox/3.0.8
I just tested it & tried a quick game from a site I don't need to login (just a couple of hands of free video poker.
I got no messages from FF (or any other site). So no problems with FF for me.
Old 23-07-2010   #4
MyCE Resident

Thank guys ,I've been using fire fox for quite a while and haven't had any problems untill now. I think it's jjust a hic up but I don't know how to fix it ,the game I been using is off a tool bar.I might have to get another tool bar https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/fo...threadId734103

here's the forum of fire fox of other problems folk have on the same line
Old 23-07-2010   #5
Senior Administrator & Reviewer

Been using FF for a long time too, and haven't had any probs like that (thank God...would do my head in!). FF 3.6.7 here (got updated when I loaded it earlier).

Mind you, I'm wary of any sort of Toolbar anyway. So never had any installed.

EDIT: BTW, Garfield's the best - love the new avatar

How to delete your upper and lower filters : How to check/enable DMA by Womble

Click here to join MyCE.com and be part of our friendly community!

Smile...people will wonder what you're up to
Arachne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010   #6
MyCE Resident

Thanks miss kitty I liked the tool bar like a guy I play the pool game and darts but like you say sometime thier not worst it.
Old 23-07-2010   #7
MyCE Resident

I did some Googling on this.
One suggestion was try Safe mode . If FF works OK in safe mode it is probably one of your extensions .In the case of this person who did a process of elimination the problem program was Roboform.
Many got the warning when using the back button .Ther suggestion is the way FF uses it's form cache. If the web site uses POST instead of GET this problem occurs. I don't think anything can be done for the second one.
Old 23-07-2010   #8
MyCE Resident

Hey,Cholla thanks your a friend but it still did it in safe mode-I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the tool bar but that didn't fix the problem..
Old 24-07-2010   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
Been using FF for a long time too, and haven't had any probs like that (thank God...would do my head in!). FF 3.6.7 here (got updated when I loaded it earlier).

Mind you, I'm wary of any sort of Toolbar anyway. So never had any installed.

EDIT: BTW, Garfield's the best - love the new avatar
Toolbars are evil, I don't care who puts them out. They only serve to bog down your PC and make your setup more prone to spyware/viruses. I made the mistake of installing one with one of the programs I use and I immediately regretted it and removed it for the aforementioned reasons.
Jesterrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010   #10
MyCE Resident

thanks jesterrace I'm thinking very seriously about removeing the took bars that I really don't need-thanks again for the input.
Old 24-07-2010   #11
MyCE Resident

Have you tried Tools / "Clear Private Data" ?
Then in Tools/Options/Privacy temporarily uncheck " Remember what I enter in forms and the search bar".
Then in Tools/Options/Security temporarily uncheck "Remember passwords for sites".
Then close FF .Then try to see if the problem still exists. If it does you might Clear Private Data again & reboot.
I didn;t find these suggestions on the web I just think they might help & won't hurt.
Old 24-07-2010   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterrace View Post
Toolbars are evil, I don't care who puts them out. They only serve to bog down your PC and make your setup more prone to spyware/viruses. I made the mistake of installing one with one of the programs I use and I immediately regretted it and removed it for the aforementioned reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloyd View Post
thanks jesterrace I'm thinking very seriously about removeing the took bars that I really don't need-thanks again for the input.
...I've lost count of all the toolbars I've had to remove off my mum's PC everytime I visit (step-dad is responsible for those being installed).

I'm sure there are innocent (uhhh...ish) ones about, but I prefer them not to be there at all.

Out of curiosity...you mentioned toolbars, plural, marloyd - how many have you got and what are they? Again, just curious.

Old 24-07-2010   #13
MyCE Resident

Thats problemly my problem,I've got four----menu bar-navigation toolbar -sweet IM toolbar and come2play tool bwr
Old 24-07-2010   #14
MyCE Resident

I speak with fork tongue sorry about my english but my french is worst.
Old 24-07-2010   #15

Don't worry - if you haven't noticed by now, I'm one of the world's worst typists (and although I learned French at school, and studied it at college, that's not too hot either ).

Trimming them down a bit can do no harm, I should think. And you can always reinstall whichever one(s) you ditch, should you miss it/them.

Old 24-07-2010   #16
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholla View Post
Have you tried Tools / "Clear Private Data" ?
Then in Tools/Options/Privacy temporarily uncheck " Remember what I enter in forms and the search bar".
Then in Tools/Options/Security temporarily uncheck "Remember passwords for sites".
Then close FF .Then try to see if the problem still exists. If it does you might Clear Private Data again & reboot.
I didn;t find these suggestions on the web I just think they might help & won't hurt.
cholla i tried what you said but low and behold no change-listen I appreciate you folk helpin me out and it sounds like it 's get rid of a tool bar.
Old 24-07-2010   #17
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
Don't worry - if you haven't noticed by now, I'm one of the world's worst typists (and although I learned French at school, and studied it at college, that's not too hot either ).

Trimming them down a bit can do no harm, I should think. And you can always reinstall whichever one(s) you ditch, should you miss it/them.

thanks arache i'll play around with those tool bars I think I'll keep the garfield
Old 24-07-2010   #18

Quote:
I think I'll keep the garfield
Oh good.

Old 24-07-2010   #19
MyCE Resident

Quote:
cholla i tried what you said but low and behold no change-listen I appreciate you folk helpin me out and it sounds like it 's get rid of a tool bar.
Let us know if uninstalling the toolbars works.
Can you go to & use this game site with IE ?
If you can does it have any problems?
I'm not suggesting you switch browsers just test with IE.
I have 3 browsers IE7 , Opera , & FF .None have any extra toolbars. I never install a toolbar with a software that has one & gives the option to install or not.
Old 24-07-2010   #20
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholla View Post
Let us know if uninstalling the toolbars works.
Can you go to & use this game site with IE ?
If you can does it have any problems?
I'm not suggesting you switch browsers just test with IE.
I have 3 browsers IE7 , Opera , & FF .None have any extra toolbars. I never install a toolbar with a software that has one & gives the option to install or not.
cholla I tried and installed that same tool bar on IE and it worked fine ,it let me log in and it worked ok.So it has to be ff.
Old 25-07-2010   #21
MyCE Resident

Hey Ya , Cholla my friend it almost happen again I was postin' and clicked advance and clicked the next one and ff threw up a box saying they need to resend I'm afraid to click but did cancel it. I didn't want something else to get screwed up.Has anyone else out there have a problem with fire fox wanting to resend your action?I'm thinking maybe I got to much crap on my computer which in so screwing up ff or is it ff them selfs.
Old 25-07-2010   #22
MyCE Resident

marloyd since FF seems to be getting worse for you .Run a complete scan with your antivirus & antimalware if you have both. If those come up clean or find something & get rid of it then uninstall FF ,reboot ,install the newest version of FF. reboot again.
That's what I would try if I was having the problem.
I use IE7 most of the time myself. I just occasionally use FF. I usually go to Opera before FF . Mostly I'm just used to IE7 & have it set the way I want it.
Old 25-07-2010   #23
MyCE Resident

Quote:
Hey Ya , Cholla my friend it almost happen again I was postin' and clicked advance and clicked the next one and ff threw up a box saying they need to resend I'm afraid to click but did cancel it. I didn't want something else to get screwed up.Has anyone else out there have a problem with fire fox wanting to resend your action?I'm thinking maybe I got to much crap on my computer which in so screwing up ff or is it ff them selfs.
I been using IE8 and FF 3.6.7 without anyproblems but no toolbars installed whatever just plugins. I would say without a real screen shot of your broswers and the tools bar it's hard to know what is going on. From the reads of it sounds like what ever you installed is stealth installed and isn't going to be remove but a simple uninstall method. Hopefully you didn't get a rootkit installed but if you did your going to have to use more drastic software to get rid of the rootkit. And or possible complete reformat of your system.
coolcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010   #24
MyCE Resident

Ok thank you folks-if I figure this out I'll let you know.